Written By Natalie Harris
While in midst of a pandemic, we often find ourselves stuck at home with nothing to do, many have turned to old hobbies, and some even have developed new hobbies. One of the most popular is baking, which gives you a lot of tasty desserts to try. Chocolate cupcakes are among the most popular baked goods, mainly because of its sweet, sugary, and chocolatey flavor.
Chocolate Cupcake Ingredients:
One box of Pillsbury Chocolate Cake Mix
1 Cup Water
½ Cup Oil
3 Whole Eggs
1. Set oven to 350℉. Coat the bottom of the pan with no-stick cooking spray or shortening and a flour dusting.
2. Beat the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs with a mixer on medium speed for two minutes, or with a silicone spatula until well mixed.
3. Pour the batter into the desired pan(s).
4. Bake at 350℉ for nineteen to twenty-three minutes, and let the cupcakes cool for ten to fifteen minutes before frosting.
Homemade Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
– ½ Cup of Salted Butter
– ½ Cup of Unsalted Butter
– 3 ½ Cups of Powdered Sugar
– ½ Cup of Cocoa Powder
– ½ Teaspoon of Table Salt
– 2 Teaspoons of Pure Vanilla Extract
– 4 Tablespoons of Heavy Cream
Use ½ cup of salted butter and ½ cup of unsalted butter that is softened to room temperature and poured into a bowl. Mix these ingredients well.
- Add 3 ½ cups of powdered sugar that will be sifted into the bowl with the butter mixture.
– Sift the ½ cup of cocoa powder into the butter mixture.
– Add ½ teaspoon of table salt to the mixture.
– Add 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract into the mixture.
– Add 4 tablespoons of heavy cream to the mixture.
Using a mixer on low setting, mix the ingredients together until you have your desired texture of frosting. The frosting can be silky and smooth, thick, or a mix of both textures.