Written by Morgan Dawson
Throughout the seasons, people like to make their own type of sweet and delicious food. For fall I have two amazing recipes that you can make in your home.
· Preheat oven to 375 degrees
· Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle towel with powdered sugar.
· Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and sugar in large mixer bowl until thick.
· Beat in pumpkin.
· Stir in flour mixture.
· Spread evenly into prepared pan.
· Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel, and carefully peel off the paper.
· Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end.
· Cool on a wire rack.
Cream Cheese Frosting
· Whip cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth.
· Carefully unroll cake; remove towel and spread cream cheese mixture over cake.***
· Re-roll cake, then wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour.
· Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
· 1/4 cup powdered sugar to sprinkle on towel
· 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
· 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 3 large eggs
· 1 cup granulated sugar
· 2/3 cup LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
Cream Cheese Frosting
· 1 ounce package cream cheese softened, 8
· 8 ounces mascarpone Cheese or cream cheese
· 2 cup powdered sugar
· 6 tablespoons butter softened
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· cup powdered sugar for dusting
· 1/4 Prep Time: 25 mins
· Cook Time: 15 mins
· Total Time: 40 mins
Tie up Cinnamon Sticks and Whole Cloves into Cheesecloth.
Add Apple Cider and all other ingredients into slow cooker.
Cover and simmer on low. Cider will be ready in about 3 hours, but can continue simmering on low.
Remove cheesecloth bag and orange wedges, and serve!
· 2 Quarts Apple Cider
· 1/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
· 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
· 1 Whole Orange, peeled and in wedges
· 3 Cinnamon Sticks
· 1 Teaspoon Whole Cloves
· Small Cheesecloth